Yikes! Hugo ballots due tomorrow. What’s eligible again?
Having just remembered that tomorrow is the Hugo ballot deadline, I’m off to fill out my ballot. Since I’m having trouble remembering who is eligible for what, I’m going to figure that other folks are having the same problem. Here’s my list. Remind me of work that you think I should be considering for the ballot. Yours or someone else’s, in the comments below. Links are handy, if you have them.
- Glamour in Glass (Tor)
- “The Lady Astronaut of Mars” – Rip-off! (Audible)
- “Mecury Retrograde” – Willful Impropriety: 13 Tales of Society, Scandal, and Romance
- “Ginger Stuyvesant and the Case of Eastwood Abbey” – TM Magazine
- “Weaving Dreams” – Apex
- “The White Phoenix Feather” – Fireside Magazine
(Just as a note: Due to the way the Hugo rules are worded, the podcast Writing Excuses is ineligible in the category Fancast because we get paid. That’s why I have it under Related Work.)
- Shimmer (Technically, I’m not really involved. I just gave them some money to raise their rates, but I did it because I love the magazine and you should too.)
So– What do you have for me? I swear– next year I’ll take notes, but this year, remind me of the exceptional stuff.
Edited to add: I’m particularly frustrated because my Best Pro Artist picks are all men. Remind me of women artists, please?